Monday, July 20, 2009

Becoming a Writer on the Read/Write Web

Here I am posting my first entry on my own blog and now we come to the part where I get stymied. I have been using the web for years! Even before the web was the web. I used it for everything - but all in a Web 1.0 way! I was/am the consummate consumer, never the creator.

Even the "cool" experiences I assigned to students using web 2.0 tools were really web 1.0 assignments. Find out, get information, tell us what you learned - all one way traffic.

I feel equipped to respond, comment, react to someone else's post, but not to create my own. Am I alone in this?

2 comments:

  1. Your'e not alone! I find learning about all the Web 2.0 applications so interesting and exciting, but it is really scary to think about actually starting up a blog or wiki for a classroom. I am the type of person that likes to test the waters rather than just jummp in. I hope to introduce a blog or wiki on a simple basis but I will need to put more thought into what I would actually do. I am concerned about school security issues as well.
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Celebrate your accomplishment! You will find that more people read posts than comment. But you will find that if you comment to others, they will find your blog and continue dialogue with you as well - but it takes time.

    ReplyDelete